Hello my friends.
Are you ready for the next? , I said, Are you ready for the next? Sometimes, when you want to say something, you say it like an order, that ensures the action you order to do. When you say it that way you are using “The imperative”. Now, some kind of sentence that are used to expressed like the imperative way.
We can use the imperative to give a direct order.
- Take that chewing gum out of your mouth.
- Stand up straight.
- Give me the details.
We can use the imperative to give instructions.
- Open your book.
- Take two tablets every evening.
- Take a left and then a right.
We can use the imperative to make an invitation.
- Come in and sit down. Make yourself at home.
- Please start without me. I’ll be there shortly.
- Have a piece of this cake. It’s delicious.
We can use the imperative on signs and notices.
- Do not use.
- Insert one dollar.
We can use the imperative to give friendly informal advice.
- Speak to him. Tell him how you feel.
- Have a quiet word with her about it.
- Don’t go. Stay at home and rest up. Get some sleep and recover.
We can make the imperative ‘more polite’ by adding ‘do’.
- Do be quiet.
- Do come.
- Do sit down.
Interesting, right? After this when you try to give an order you must to do it like the examples.
Keep studying and See you next time.